Wednesday, May 29, 2013

386. Cheesy Herb Pull Bread


I was browsing pinterest one day and came across this concept of a pull-out cheesy bread.

Without even searching for the recipe, I had already developed one in my head. Using the artisan crusty bread I made a while ago, I would score it and stuff it -very generously- with the herbed butter I made not too long ago and sliced cheddar cheese.
Wrap in foil, melt in the oven, and... well, it's sort of like unwrapping a present really.
Of course, you need not make your own bread and butter, and simplify life by just getting store-bought.
Either way, it was a very naughty indulgence but was most certainly worth a try or two...
Go ahead, indulge in what's halal.




Ingredients:

1 artisan crusty boule
100g herbed butter
200g cheddar cheese



Method:

Cut the boule into squares, as shown, without cutting through the base, hence holding it together.
Slice the cheddar cheese and the herbed butter (mine is frozen so it was very easy to slice).
Generously (and I mean much more generously than what the photo shows), stuff the cheese and butter in the scores you made.
Depending on your cheese, you might want to add some salt as well.
Wrap the boule in parchment-lined foil, and bake in a preheated 350F oven for about 15 minutes.
Unwrap and serve immediately while still hot and the cheese is stringy.



 صحة و عافية

No comments: