Monday, September 3, 2012

165. Mushroom Cream Toast


I remember my mother making this for us sometimes for breakfast/brunch, other times as an appetizer.
It never fails to amaze me how something so simple can be amazingly delicious.
Sauteed mushroom, drenched with cream, served on hearty bread toasted to golden perfection (I used my cool-rise flax seed loaf bread).
A mix of mushroom is always nice, and fresh mushroom is always nicer.
We used to eat it with a morilles and bolet mixture, but I made this with what I found in the store: portobello and champignons de paris.
Small suggestion: forget calories when making and eating this.


Ingredients:

butter
mushroom (of choice), sliced
whipping cream
salt&pepper
thick slices of bread, toasted or fried







Method:

Saute the sliced mushroom in hot butter for 7-10 minutes until golden brown.
Add the whipping cream just enough to make a little sauce, add seasoning.
Spoon on the toasted (or fried for better taste) bread and serve immediately.

Note: if serving as an appetiser, some garlic sauteed with the mushroom would be delicious.


 صحة و عافية


No comments: